Hi all! This is so exciting for me. I’m glad to be able to share this with you.
How are you feeling right now? I hope you’re feeling splendid and on top of the world, but maybe you don’t.
Are you feeling crazy? Sad? Tired? Have you been running around like a chicken without a neck wondering if you’re getting anything accomplished? Or are you just sitting around staring at the computer screen wondering if you’ll ever make anything of this life while your fingers numbly click from screen to screen and page to page?
Either way, somehow you’ve allowed yourself to get worn down so much that you are no longer present for yourself or anyone else — just here or there and out of touch with your personal power.
This sounds like an emergency. Stop all the extra stuff you’re doing or not doing and take a few minutes to reconnect with yourself – spirit, soul, and body. You are starved for attention, rest, and nourishment. Reconnect with the present and get your power back.
Self-care is not a privilege in this fast moving society. It is a necessity. If you think you don’t have time to stop and smell a few proverbial or literal roses, imagine how much time you’ll have should you get sick with a flu, or should you just get too tired to keep going. To get closer to your better self in this moment give yourself some lovin’ right now. You need it.
Here are some things you can do to administer emergency self-care:
- Do you journal? Take a few minutes to write about how you’re feeling right now. How do you want to feel?
- Journaling not your thing? Grab some paper, colored pencils, ink pens, pieces of crayons — whatever you got, then close your eyes and doodle for 5 minutes.
- Maybe you can use an herbal tea break. What do your energy levels feel like? Perhaps you can use something relaxing like chamomile or lemon grass. Or maybe you you need something with a greater kick like green or white teas. Looking for something more refreshing? Try a an extra large strawberry banana smoothie with a protein hit.
- Change your perspective. Get some outside air into your lungs and take a walk.
- Take a nice hot bubble bath.
- Have a mini-meditation session. You can sign up here to receive a free emergency mini-meditation from me at SavvySoulLife.com.
- Read something to feed your spirit. Biblical scriptures, a book of inspiring quotes, your favorite comic strip, everything on the Care Dare site.
Make a list of little things you can do to reconnect with the present and empower yourself everyday. Feel free to share that list here or at SavvySoulLife.com
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share these tips with you. These are tools I use myself whenever I need a little extra boost to get me through the day, and I hope they are a help to you too.
Give yourself some lovin’. You need it and you are always worthy of it.
Savvy Soul Life Coach Anya, CPC, is a creativity, life, Christian, and core energy coach, a certified holistic health consultant, artist, writer, amateur ukulele player, and a soon to be ARTbundanceTM Coach and Practitioner helping others give themselves a kick-starter in the rear so they can get moving and continue personal growth into their better, best, and happier selves. When she’s not wolfing down strawberry banana smoothies and green tea lattes, Anya is off on one of her mini adventures discovering new places, new things, and meeting new people. You can find Anya at SavvySoulLife.com.